The marketing manager develops, implements and maintains marketing strategies and activities in direct support of the convention sales, services and membership efforts of the organization.
- Develop and manage sales materials and collateral for Convention Services
- Work with the Director, Convention Services to concept and develop tools, resources and materials for convention groups to attract and service delegates.
- Manage and forecast marketing budget in support of Convention Services
- Facilitate welcome program materials including posters, banners, maps, calendar of events, VIP discounts, etc.
- Manage electronic group welcomes/calendar of events feeds on downtown screens (ADTV, Nationwide, etc.) and with John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Provide pre-promote campaigns and materials as appropriate
- Support Convention Sales efforts in conjunction with Director of Marketing
- Update, edit and proof print and electronic marketing materials to support convention sales’ production goals, such as collateral, presentations, bid book and other materials
- Assist with quarterly direct mail programs, as needed
- Compile content and deploy bimonthly ‘Make It Columbus’ enewsletter
- Produce and deploy convention sales customer and prospect email invitations within CRM system
- Track convention trade print ad placements, coordinate artwork to meet publication deadlines, process and distribute invoices internally and to external co-op partners
- Support convention sales trade show planning and implementation of graphics, collateral, pre- and post-show communications
- Support Make it Columbus initiatives, including updates to makeitcolumbus.com
- Develop and manage materials and collateral for Membership Department:
- Consult and assist the membership department with marketing programs to support sales production and retention
- Produce/manage production of sales and marketing tools (e.g. invitations, sales campaigns, retention materials, orientation handbook, etc.)
- Represent marketing/communications/interactive at quarterly new member orientation
- Oversee promotional support programs with and for members
- Manage the productivity of marketing plans and projects
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Manage marketing relationships with external partners, including Short North Arts District, Arena District, German Village, and others vital to downtown/convention package development and promotion
- Provide support for CTA and EDD programs
- Write and submit blog articles
- Attend Experience Columbus and member functions, as necessary
- Facilitate CTA classes when available
Education and Experience:
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, public relations or related field required.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in marketing development and management required.
- The organization requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation.
Competencies and Skills:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to think strategically then implement programs
- Track record of positive results with marketing programs
- Highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and effective time management skills
- Demonstrated writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Possess team orientation and ability to work collaboratively
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the Internet
- Graphic design skills desirable; knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus
If you are interested in applying, please apply online here. Please no phone calls.