Associate Art Director of Custom Media
Ohio Magazine, a division of Great Lakes Publishing, has an open position for an Associate Art Director of Custom Media in their Columbus office. They are looking for an extremely creative, energetic, organized individual to design and layout printed & electronic graphic materials. A superior understanding of design concepts, typography, photography and software is key; Web design and photo skills are major pluses. The ideal candidate will work well under deadline pressure to perform routine and complex duties in the preparation of custom media. The position will work closely with the Art Director of Custom Media, the project editors and project publishers to manage products and develop new staff for this growing department.
- Creates layouts for custom media.
- Designs and produces custom media.
- Conducts image research.
- Collaborates with editors and publishers.
- Meets with clients to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains and backs up files.
- Monitor and maintain quality throughout project (maintain quality to standards of both Great Lakes Publishing and our external clients)
- Take projects from concept to final delivery
- Outstanding portfolio displaying exceptional skills and creativity
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with Mac OS
- Knowledge of digital photography and retouching
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary in order to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- BFA in design or equivalent experience
Send cover letter, resume and pdf samples with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Lakes Publishing Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.