Sports Tourism Manager
Lake Erie Shores & Islands CVB
- Responsible for sales activities that promote the Lake Erie Shores & Islands region to sports event rights holders, coaches and families in a manner that maximizes economic impact and increases hotel occupancy.
- Weekend and evening hours required, as well as frequent travel. This is a full-time year-round exempt position with full benefits. Reports to the President/Director of Group Sales.
- Work closely with rights holders to ensure a successful event and to help satisfy all needs. Coordinate and document pre-event communication, mailings, registration/onsite assistance, work orders, including deliver/set-up to property and coordinate staffing needs.
- Assist in coordination of event planning for rights holders including, but not limited to, facility organization, rental equipment, event set-up, hospitality coordination, attraction discounts, and serving on the local organizing committee.
- Represent Lake Erie Shores & Islands at trade shows focusing on Sports Tourism. Attend sales missions, industry meetings, and functions. Follow up on leads received from trade shows and other sources by sending/delivering requested information and assisting with special requests.
- Convert leads into booked business; prepare proposals including quoted costs at facilities and execute and accompany client site inspections. Assist in planning sales programs that will showcase the area as a convenient and economical group location including group oriented familiarization tours and sales blitzes that target the Sports market.
Send resume and cover letter by June 30, 2018 to Amanda Smith Rasnick, Erie County VCB, 216 E. Water St., Sandusky, OH 44870 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls accepted.