Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Executive Director of the Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau (WCCVB) works closely with the county’s tourism partners to create opportunities for continued growth, furthering the organization’s mission of impacting the area’s economy by promoting it as a premier tourism destination. The Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Administer comprehensive oversight of all tourism efforts, establishing overarching goals and strategies for marketing and sales.
- Develop year-round destination programs for consumer leisure, group, conference, and sports market segments, ensuring alignment with organizational objectives
- Enhance and develop an internal team culture by fostering collaboration, continuous learning, and a shared commitment to the organization's mission and values.
- Develops and maintains effective organizational policies and procedures and internal controls to ensure all activities are implemented within established policies, guidelines, laws, and ethical standards
- Maintain relationships with outside contractors/agencies, providing strategic direction and approving brand strategy, advertising, public relations, web development, and omni-channel marketing
- Lead and partner with local, regional, and state tourism organizations, as well as private sector allies, in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Conduct destination research, analyze results, and draw conclusions, serving as the basis for the proposed marketing strategy.
- Involve and activate local citizens by educating them about the value of tourism and the economic development impact associated with tourism dollars.
- Build community and partner relations, group sales, and advocacy
- Develop relationships and assist in building programs to address the needs of the area’s tourism industry
- Sustain and strengthen relationships with partners
- Promote group travel, meetings, sports events, and other special events to Wayne County
- Collaborate with hotels and event venues to secure group bookings
- Participate in industry shows and sales missions
- Develop, implement, and manage a sales strategy
- Maintain updated sales materials
- Represent the CVB on local, state, and national committees and boards
- Be the face of the CVB at tourism and local industry events
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Participate in continuing education activities
- Remain current on tourism trends and best practices
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board of Directors
- Review and create the annual CVB budget
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Committee
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in hotel, hospitality and tourism, economic development, CVB sales, and management
- In-depth knowledge of the travel, tourism, and hospitality industry, encompassing marketing principles, practices, advertising mediums, and techniques.
- Experience collaborating with government agencies, boards, external stakeholders, and industry partners, including attractions, lodging providers, and restaurants
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to identify and implement appropriate cost control measures
- CVB experience is preferred but not required
- Possess demonstrated knowledge of the tourism industry, its vocabulary, and its unique sales and marketing needs
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work and make decisions proactively, take the initiative, prioritize, plan, and meet deadlines
- Enjoy collaborating and working with a team
- Solid Organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and be able to travel as necessary
- Typical work schedule is full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Occasionally will work more hours as schedule dictates
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must use eyes, ears, hands, and fingers to perform assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Role is performed primarily indoors, but could require time spent working outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, temperature swings, and inclement weather
The Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, veteran status, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.