Updates 12/16/2022: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
HOLIDAY TRAVEL RESEARCH PREDICTS 3% INCREASE DEC. 23 – JAN. 3
Key findings from AAA Insights, released Dec. 12, 2022:
- AAA is estimating 112.7 million people will be traveling 50 miles or more between Dec. 23, 2022 and Jan. 2, 2023.
- Of this 112.7 million traveling, 4.6 million are Ohioans
- This is a 3.3% national increase and a 2.6% increase for Ohio
- This holiday travel season is expected to be Ohio’s second busiest since AAA began tracking back in 2000
- Nearly 102 million Americans, and more than 402 million Ohioans, will drive to their holiday destinations this year despite the unexpected gas prices for 2022.
- It is predicted the busiest travel days for drivers will be Dec. 23, Dec. 27, Dec. 28, and Jan. 2.
- Air travel is expected to increase nationally by 14%, and by 12.8% in Ohio.
- More than 258,000 Ohioans are expected to fly, exceeding the 257,000 who flew in 2019
WHAT IS THE LIKELYHOOD OF MISSION BASED MEMBERS RENEWING THEIR MEMBERSHIP AT CULTRAL ENTITIES?
Key findings from IMPACTS Research, published Dec. 7, 2022:
- During the pandemic, cultural organizations moved more engagement online and achieved recognized relevance beyond their walls. As we watched the work put into public entities like zoos, aquariums, etc., we also found standing up for an organization mission to be extremely important, regardless of its type.
- The mission of your organization can be the reason to secure members and subscribers in a big way.
- When exhibit-based members (e.g., museums, zoos, aquariums, gardens, historic sites, etc.) and performance-based members (e.g., symphonies, theaters, ballets, etc.) were asked about their willingness to make an additional donation:
- 27% of exhibit-based members said to positively impact the mission while 21% of performance-based members said to positively impact the mission
- 24% of exhibit-based members said to support the mission while 21% of performance-based members said to support the mission
- 24% of exhibit-based members said to support the organization while 20% of performance-based members said to support the organization
- When looking at the numbers, it is shown exhibit-based members are more mission based than performance-based members.
- Research also shows that mission-based members are more likely to renew their membership after the first year:
- 66% of exhibit-based members feel they are positively impacting the mission while 63% of performance-based members feel they are positively impacting the mission
- 61% of exhibit-based and performance-based members feel they are supporting the organization