Digital Communications Manager
Interested applicants can learn more and apply by clicking here.
Cedar Point is seeking a Digital Communications Manager at the Sandusky, OH location. The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for gathering, creating, editing and maintaining Cedar Point's visual content. This position will be managing and maintaining earned and owned communication channels including social media properties, websites, mobile app, digital display signage and more. The Digital Communications Manager will lead seasonal and year-round, part-time digital communications teams and collaborates with internal corporate and park partners to develop effective content using video, photography and creative copywriting.
How You'll Make A Difference:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Oversees the creation, strategy and usage of Cedar Point's visual content. Creates and manages content for Cedar Point's digital presence, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, digital signage, mobile app and FUN TV Network. Engages with guests across all platforms and manages content schedules for all digital channels.
- Oversees all aspects of Cedar Point website and mobile app, including keeping content up to date, constantly reviewing content for accuracy, working with corporate and third-party partners for day to day management of the platforms, growing awareness and usage of the app and ensuring the in-park functionality is fully utilized and optimized.
- Manages influencer and content creator relationships and requests throughout the year; approves partnerships and establishes working relationships, ensuring consistency with the Cedar Point brand.
- Manages annual digital marketing labor and expense budget; schedules and mentors seasonal communications teams (year-round, part-time and seasonal assistants).
- Manages photo and video assets and all asset-gathering equipment; keeps content and equipment organized and refreshed as necessary.
- Works directly with external agencies and corporate partners on development of web content such as SEO/SEM, new pages, functionality and enhancements.
- Provides assistance as directed by the Director of Communications for programs such as, but not limited to media and public relations support, media and influencer events and commercial/advertising production projects.
- Serves as a resource for digital communications assistance and guidance to marketing team at Michigan's Adventure.
Cedar Point is Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Mass Communication/Journalism or Visual Communication
- 4 to 6 years of work related experience
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects). Ability to adjust writing style to fit the needs and audience target of the deliverable material.
- Knowledge and usage of the AP writing style and the best practices associated with it.
- FAA Part 107 UAS (Drone) License