REPORTS TO: Tourism & Marketing Director
The Tourism Sales & Services Coordinator economically impacts Union County by coordinating sales and marketing efforts to generate visitation through the leisure, group tour, sports event, meeting, and special event markets.
Tourism Sales and Services
· Assist with the execution of sales strategies outlined in the Union County CVB 2020-2025 Destination Strategic Plan, as well as the annual business plan.
· Coordinate the sales, development, and execution of activities and events associated with the leisure, group tour, sports event, meeting, and special event markets.
· Respond to client inquiries and generate informative leads for hoteliers and tourism partners.
· Attend trade shows, conferences, festivals, and events as directed and follow up on all leads generated.
· Assist with the RFP process for prospective sales opportunities, including bid preparation, submittal, and follow-up.
· Coordinate services for groups, including working with tourism partners, providing welcome bags, step-on tour guides, and other logistical activities.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with area businesses, attractions, and the hospitality industry through regular in-person visits and open lines of communication.
· Utilize CVB database to maintain accurate and detailed records of prospect leads, new business, sales calls, existing client interaction, group servicing activity, and tourism partner communication.
· Collaborate with the CVB team to develop sales materials including collateral pieces, sales kits, newsletters, and digital advertising.
CVB Meetings and Events
· Help plan and operate the Dine on a Covered Bridge events, as well as other special events in Union County.
· Work with the director to plan industry-related meetings and workshops.
· Assist in the development of the volunteer database to support committees, events, and market-related activities.
· Attend CVB, Union County Chamber of Commerce, and partnership meetings and functions as a formal representative of the CVB.
· Attend community events as needed, to promote Union County.
· Submit monthly reports to the director and assist with the development of the annual budget.
· Manage meeting communications and minutes, as well as lend support to the CVB board and planning committees.
· Lead collateral fulfillment efforts and support the organization by performing a variety of administrative duties.
· Perform other tasks as required.
Support the efforts of Union Station 1820, the organization’s visitors center.
· Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from a four-year college or university in sales, marketing, or related field.
· Professional experience in sales, marketing, special event planning, or related industry.
· Knowledge of marketing, sales, and advertising practices and principles.
· Superior time management, organizational, problem-solving, and multitasking skills.
· Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and keen attention to detail.
· Strong command of Microsoft Office applications, email marketing software, and general information technology.
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel, as required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email or mail by 5 p.m. Friday, February 4, 2022, to:
Union County Convention & Visitors Bureau
227 E. Fifth St.
Marysville, OH 43040