Senior Account Executive
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we’re a happy band of “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done – we’ll always prove you wrong!
We focus on the human journey in our work. We try to create things (not just ads) that help make people’s lives easier. We believe everyone does better when everyone does better. And we apply that thinking to the people who work here too, which has helped us be an AdAge Top Place to Work for the past three years. We look for people who are curious, hardworking and who love to solve problems in unexpected ways – oh, yeah, and who like to have fun.
Reports to: VP, Management Supervisor
The Role: Senior Account Executive
We are seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Account Executive to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented and strategically savvy professional with strong critical thinking skills and experience managing integrated work for brands in an agency setting; they possess deep passion for the craft of account management and for driving award-winning work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Leadership
- Manage and report on the details of all projects, accounts and moving parts via weekly client status calls, internal meetings, monthly billing reports, etc.
- Clearly and confidently communicate client marketing objectives to creative, public relations, social media, media, search, production, studio, strategic planning, research and digital team members to help the client make smart decisions; ensure the internal team has all they need to create great work.
- Respond to internal and client questions/issues quickly, honestly and completely.
- Manage account profitability to ensure the client is receiving real value and that the agency is realizing a profit.
- Act as a leader within the agency by consistently representing the agency in a positive light, both internally and externally.
- Get the job done – work cooperatively and respectfully with a variety of disciplines, including public relations, creative, planning, research, digital, production and media, all while following the Marcus Thomas internal process and taking ownership of budget and timelines.
- Create and seamlessly execute focused, results-oriented advertising and marketing communications programs on behalf of our clients (e.g., marketing plans, digital ads, social, print, broadcast TV, radio, lead generation, etc.). Think strategically and holistically; provide recommendations for the appropriate agency services to be utilized.
- Build strong and lasting client relationships based on trust and strategic thinking. Become the key partner our clients look to as they grow their businesses.
- Provide comprehensive marketing solutions. Further, provide expert digital counsel to clients and serve as the translator between clients and our digital team.
- Become an expert in our clients’ businesses and develop solid knowledge of their brands, products and audiences.
- Three to five years of experience in marketing communications, advertising, or brand management - minimum of two within a medium-to-large advertising or marketing communications agency preferred.
- Tourism experience is a plus, but not required.
- Exemplary organizational skills – the ability to manage multiple tasks and moving parts in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment.
- Extreme attention to detail and prioritization/time management skills.
- A proven track record of success and results in marketing, specifically media strategy, digital and social media.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and agency team members from many different disciplines.
- Confidence, integrity, and professionalism that is necessary to represent the agency to its client(s) and prospects.
- Strong presentation skills and credibility with C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- An absolute passion to produce great advertising and marketing solutions for our clients.