Marketing & Communications Manager (Part-time)
National Aviation Heritage Alliance (NAHA)
Hourly: $30 per hour up to 20 hours a week Location: Remote with organized team days in office (Dayton, Ohio)
Benefits: flexible work schedule and professional development opportunities, no other benefits
Reports to: Executive Director
About the National Aviation Heritage Area:
The National Aviation Heritage Area is guided by the National Aviation Heritage Alliance, a private, not for profit corporation designated by Congress as the management entity of the heritage area. The organization seeks to preserve and promote the historic, cultural, and recreational resources of the National Aviation Heritage Area. The National Aviation Heritage Area encompasses an eight-county area in Ohio (Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Clark, Warren, Champaign, Shelby, and Auglaize counties.)
About the Position:
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the creative direction of the National Aviation Heritage Alliance. Ideally, the candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a small team and with a diverse range of stakeholders. Job duties include:
- Update and implement an overall marketing and communications strategy.
- Generate and manage website and social media content including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok. Must be able to produce photo and video content in addition to written content.
- Develop written communications including speech writing, press releases, and newsletters.
- Manage the design and production of reports and promotional materials, willingness to learn or working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator preferred.
- Manage the design and production of exhibit/tradeshow materials.
- Connect with influential media outlets to place stories and nurture media relationships.
- Utilize Google Analytics and other tools to measure performance, and knowledge of Google Tag Manager and Google Ads preferred.
- Collaborate in strategic planning and annual planning.
- Participate in the budgeting and tracking of operational and programming expenses.
- Facilitate collaborative communication efforts with Heritage Area partners.
- Support and guide the Communicators Council of the board of trustees.
- Represent NAHA at air shows and community events.
- Develop new ideas for promoting heritage tourism.
- Assist with other duties/activities as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The Alliance maintains a small staff requiring a collaborative mindset and ability to work independently.
- The work is generally sedentary and performed in a hybrid office environment, although travel to field locations involves a considerable amount of walking, climbing and other forms of physical exertion.
- This position requires infrequent, but occasional weekend or evening work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, business, history, psychology, or related field of study.
- Work effectively with outside creative agencies, printers, and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications strategic plans.
- Experience with social media management platforms and analytics technologies.
- Experience with WordPress or other website content management system.
- As a federal grant recipient, NAHA requires a COVID-19 vaccination for employment.
All inquiries including resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. Reply by March 1 for first consideration. The National Aviation Heritage Alliance is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants