Visit Medina County
Medina County Convention and Visitors Bureau is located in Medina, Ohio.
The Executive Director of the Medina County Convention and Visitors Bureau will work closely with the County’s hospitality and tourism partners to market the area as a premier tourism destination. The Executive Director will be responsible for strategic leadership and direction of the organization as it works to positively impact the area’s economy.
- Assume full accountability for executive leadership and management, ensuring that the overall mission and strategies of the organization are consistently implemented and maintained in accordance with the by-laws and policies of the Board of Directors.
- Be accountable for developing and overseeing the implementation of the annual budget and marketing plan.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate personnel, coordinate staff training, establish goals for individuals and organization and assist staff with meeting those goals, and oversee implementation of these programs.
- Develop and implement effective strategies, policies, and processes for continued growth of the organization.
- Engage the community and businesses as a professional spokesperson for the organization.
- Participate in continuing education activities and stay current and informed on tourism trends.
- Other duties as assigned by the board.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growth and leadership in the fields of tourism, marketing, or sales and must also demonstrate building successful partnerships within a community. Excellent communication skills will also be critical to success in the role. The Executive Director should be seen as high energy and engaged in the efforts of the CVB.
In addition, the following will be considered:
- Experience in hotel, hospitality and tourism, and economic development fields
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and social media marketing and content creation expected
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects
- Experience working for a non-profit and with a Board of Directors
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including evening and weekends as needed