Toledo Staybridge Suites
Manages hotel to ensure efficient and profitable operation by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures compliance with company/franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees
- Ensures staff received proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls on a regular basis
- Performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons’ complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly paperwork
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication –Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentations skills
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
- Managing People – Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism, - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word processing software; spreadsheet software and Internet software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste and smell. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must regularly lift an/and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
For more information and to apply: https://staybridgesuites.careerplug.com/jobs/795397/apps/new
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.