Updates 10/20/2023: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
MOST AMERICANS REPORT THEY PLAN TO TRAVEL IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS; PERSONAL FINANCIAL SITUATIONS IMPACTING DECISIONS TO TRAVEL IS DECLINING; WITH THE HOLIDAY SEASON ON THE HORIZON, AMERICAN TRAVELERS GIVE A FIRST LOOK INTO THEIR HOLIDAY PLANS.
Key findings from Longwoods International, fielded Sept. 13, 2023:
- 92% of American travelers have travel plans in the next six months compared to 89% in August.
- Most Americans who have travel plans have plans within the next 1-5 months.
- 25% plan to travel in the next month to two months.
- 23% plan to travel in the next 3-5 months.
- Concerns for personal financial situation impacting Americans motivation to travel have lowered with only 19% saying this would greatly impact their decision to travel in the next six months.
- Inflation remains steady, and 26% of American travelers reported this will greatly impact their decision to travel in the next six months.
- Regarding the holidays, 57% of American travelers plan to travel about the same amount as last year, with 31% saying they plan to travel more.
- As for how much they plan to spend on holiday travel, 52% plan to spend about the same amount compared to 48% the previous year. 33% plan to spend more compared to 24% in 2022.