Ohio History Connection, World Heritage Program
Position: Marketing Manager - World Heritage Program
Status: Full time, permanent
Location: Ohio History Connection (Columbus, OH)
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 per year
Benefits: Full Benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off and holiday, public retirement pension
As a key member of the team, the Marketing Manager - World Heritage Program manages, coordinates, and creates content, relationships, and activity related to raising awareness of the Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks, a part of Ohio History Connection's World Heritage program. In September 2023, the Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks (www.hopewellearthworks.org) in Ohio were inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage list after many years of continuous work. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and works with the Marketing and Communications Team, Development and Historic Sites Team, Board of Trustees and external tourism and tribal partners to define and realize the program's direction. This position is critical to awareness-building efforts across an integrated marketing mix, as well as close coordination with a broad team of key stakeholders
- Develops and manages the overall awareness building efforts of the Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks, a newly inscribed, and Ohio's only UNESCO World Heritage Site. Travel within Ohio and beyond is required.
- Works with OHC's internal marketing and communications team to develop and execute marketing and communications plans and creative briefs
- Functions as a marketing generalist and will work in all elements of marketing, events, digital, social, content creation, communications development, partner coordination, and more.
- Coordinates across parallel planning processes, ensuring that all stakeholders, internal and external, are informed and connected to larger master planning and 10-year vision
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our tribal partners, their communications representatives toward constant communication and consultation
- Works closely with Media Relations, Social Media, and Marketing leads at OHC to ensure efforts are in alignment and smartly leveraged
- Maintains hopewellearthworks.org
- Coordinates outside licensing requests
- Collaborates with Development Division to create fundraising collateral, including a case for support.
- Becomes immersed in the key strategies and initiatives of the Ohio History Connection's World Heritage program in order to best represent the program and organization to current and future philanthropic supporters.
Required Education & Experience
Associate degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field PLUS over five years relevant working experience OR Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field PLUS three to five years relevant working experience.
Two years successful experience in cultural or tourism sector program marketing/communications or program management preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated awareness of the Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks and World Heritage Program.
- Ability to communicate with staff and the public, both orally and in writing, particularly the ability to work diplomatically and effectively with colleagues and the ability to build and maintain partnerships and relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with creating and managing department budgets.
- Manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, set goals, and develop systems for achieving those goals, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, stay focused on deadlines, and handle complex projects efficiently as an individual contributor and for Department, and being accountable to the organization for said tasks.
- Proficiency in various office software suites and virtual platforms, including but not limited to Microsoft 365.
- Working experience with a broad range of marketing technology, be it content management and creation, WordPress, Blackbaud CRM, Social Media aggregators, video creation, as well as data reporting (GA); prior use of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or Altru is also a plus. Some design experience (Photoshop, Canva, etc.) desired.
Submit Resume/CV and professional cover letter through Ohio History Connection careers website: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/ohiohistory/jobs. For questions or accommodations requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-297-2500.
Ohio History Connection is an equal opportunity employer.
All prospective employees are required to undergo a fingerprint background check processed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification (BCI) in accordance with the Volunteer Children's Act. Additionally, prospective employees will also submit to a drug test. Both will occur after the offer of employment is accepted. The results of the background check and drug test are not immediate disqualifiers to employment and are reviewed in accordance with Ohio History Connection policies and procedures. Inquiries must be directed to the Human Resources Director at 614-297-2390 or via email at email@example.com.