Ashtabula County Visitors Bureau
Looking for an office job that gets you out of the office?
Love a beach town vibe + Ohio’s Wine Country + history that you drive through?
Do your social media skills beckon everyone to follow?
Have you ever been called upbeat, friendly, or helpful?
Do you make people feel welcome?
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Steph@VisitAshtabulaCounty.com
Join one of Ashtabula County’s fastest-growing industries: Travel and Tourism. The Ashtabula County Visitors Bureau is searching for a Tourism Manager to join our team and help lead the new information office. Ideal candidate has a working knowledge of Ashtabula County and the surrounding region. Creativity, organization, and refined customer service skills are a must. Position may require limited weekend hours May-September. Solutions-driven attitude is required.
- Destination Marketing responsibilities weighted heavily toward customer service
(customers being both visitors and Bureau members)
- Main point of contact for the Visitors Information Center
- Lead day-to-day operations, assisting customers and spearheading the retail component
- Engage visitors in an enthusiastic manner, offering suggestions based on their interests
- Interact with CVB members throughout Ashtabula County, encourage new members
- Collaborate to ensure promotional content is frequent, fresh, compelling, and consistent
- Professionally represent the CVB around the community and within the industry
- Help to monitor social media channels offering responses to travel-related inquiries
- Monitor website content and performance via analytics, traffic, and SEO updates
- Support in the development of ambitious social media calendar and content creation
- Work in tandem with staff and members to create FAM experiences
- Maintain a high level of concentration and attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Organize weekly mailing program, fulfilling visitor information requests
- Identify experiences and events most appealing to visitors
- Respond to all customer and member inquiries in a timely and courteous fashion
- Collaborate with team to plan and execute initiatives within the county
- Work with team to distribute annual travel guides to partners in and out of the area
- Assist in adding member events and updating ACCVB listings on partner websites
- Organized to meet deadlines and make decisions within the framework of established goals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, PR, Hospitality, or Communications preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills and desire to work with the public
- Minimum 2 years of experience demonstrating a marketing skillset
- Track record exhibiting leadership skills and effective time management
- Interest in travel industry with a visible and infectious attitude of hospitality
- Creative, energetic, and passionate, and can translate that energy into an authentic message that supports a positive image of Ashtabula County
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide creative solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision, and eager to be challenged and initiate projects and opportunities
- Possess a valid driver’s license, some travel throughout the county required
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English well
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, seeing, hearing, and speaking
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience in retail environment desirable
- Interest in web content management, social media content, and/or photography a plus
- **This job description represents general duties and is not intended to be all-inclusive
Remote scheduling options
Full benefits available