Assistant Manager

Ørchard on Catawba Island

Job Description:

Ørchard on Catawba Island is a family owned & operated, 24-acre agritourism venue featuring two restaurants, three bars, fresh coffee & bakery, farm market, retail shop, peach & apple orchard, vineyard, beehives, acres of gardens and more. We are seeking a sharp, skilled & professional Assistant Manager to join us on Catawba Island (Port Clinton) to work on our beautiful property with bountiful gardens, vineyards, apple & peach orchards, chickens, and estate beehives. Ørchard is designed to encourage creativity, teamwork, and use fresh ingredients from our own land. We take pride in utilizing the freshest, most flavorful ingredients from our garden, peach & apple orchard, and local farms. Our team members are encouraged to be creative, innovative, and we offer opportunities for professional development and growth within the company. Family-owned & operated since 2014, Ørchard has developed into a regional destination for handcrafted cocktails & culinary delights.

This role will focus on managing front-of-house operations in conjunction with our existing management team, and will play a key role in overseeing successful, efficient service operations. In addition to managing guest service at Ørchard Bar & Table, the Assistant Manager will manage hourly restaurant service staff, including hosts, servers, & bussers, while maintaining frequent, positive interactions with guests. This position will report to the General Manager, and work closely with the Bar Manager & Culinary Director. The Assistant Manager is solely responsible for ensuring that every guest is welcomed promptly by the host, the dining room is immaculate prior to opening, reservations are planned out, pre-shift is given on time, servers follow steps of service, and overall exceptional hospitality is provided. It is expected that this position spends at least 80% of their time in the front of house, and the remaining 20% on administrative duties, as needed.


  • Assists with managing Ørchard Bar & Table service staff in assigned areas, including private events, and acknowledges, greets all guests.
  • Assists with managing Ørchard Bar & Table dining spaces to ensure proper room preparation, including table settings, linens, florals, glassware, etc.
  • Writes & publishes weekly schedules for service staff, communicating any and all changes as needed, through digital schedule system (Sling).
  • Maintains consistent communications with the service & Culinary team regarding reservations, sales goals, and general company news.
  • Confirms all service staff are in proper uniform and adhere to Ørchard Bar & Table grooming standards.
  • Conducts pre-shift, pre-meal and event meetings with staff.
  • Read & reply to all guest satisfaction complaints, online reviews, and comments.
  • Instrumental in hiring, training Ørchard Service Standards, and managing service staff in all aspects of their role.
  • Establish and enforce Safety Guideline policies in accordance with health and safety regulations.
  • Carries out disciplinary action as needed, following company policies and procedures.
  • Recognize exclusive Vintners Club Members and assist in execution of annual membership benefits.
  • Carry out closing procedures multiple nights per week, including cash handling & security.


  • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Hospitality.
  • 3-5 years of experience working in restaurants, having demonstrated record of earning additional responsibilities.
  • Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
  • Ability to tackle multiple projects at once, based on priority to business.
  • Ability to leverage technology to solve problems.
  • Strong attention to the finest of details, always striving for perfection.
  • Ability to work 40+ scheduled hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
  • Maintains and role models professional appearance and behavior in representation of Ørchard brand within the community.
  • Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing walking (including stairs).
  • Reliable transportation and/or ability to commute to Port Clinton, OH 43452 on time, ready to work at scheduled shifts.

Benefits & Compensation:

  • Employee food & retail discounts off the clock
  • Complementary Manager Meals on the clock
  • Weekly direct deposit
  • Complementary, unlimited NA & coffee beverages
  • Management team dinners & retreats
  • 14 days paid time off to use during off-peak season, with approval
  • Exempt, full-time salary manager earning $45,000-$55,000 annual salary, based on experience & skill
  • 10% annual salary performance bonus available

Shifts Require:

  • Evenings
  • Weekends
  • Holidays

To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Hannah Vlk at

Printer-Friendly Version