Hocking Hills Tourism Association
The Hocking Hills Tourism Association is seeking a Stewardship Coordinator to join their team. The Hocking Hills will be engaging the services of a consulting firm for the creation of a Destination Stewardship Plan. The Plan will be developed with input from local residents, business owners, government and tourism stakeholders. The Association is committed to responsible travel and being good stewards of this rapidly growing destination.
The key responsibilities will are:
- Coordinate the creation and implementation of a Hocking Hills stewardship plan by working with the consultant engaged to assist with research necessary to develop the plan.
- Convene tourism stakeholder meetings and resident meetings as necessary to gather actionable input.
- Coordinate volunteer stewardship activities.
- Establish a volunteer clearing house for area non-profit organizations in need of volunteers.
- Work with Hocking Hills State Park staff to provide trail clean-up volunteer outings.
- Act as point person with consultant engaged to facilitate stewardship plan.
- Provide written progress reports for Association leadership.
- Lead discussions around implementation of the stewardship plan.
- Recruit partners to support the plan.
- Write articles for stakeholder newsletters promoting the plan.
- Coordinate local school outreach to increase awareness of the plan.
- Determine opportunities for expanding the impact of stewardship in the region.
- Make presentations as necessary.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have tourism experience or other relevant experience. A Bachelors Degree or relevant experience is required. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
Interested candidates should send their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.