Updates 05/13/2022: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
OHIO TOURISM 2021 ECONOMIC IMPACT STUDY RELEASED
Key findings from TourismOhio released May 12, 2022:
- Ohio's tourism industry captured $46.9 billion in visitor spending in 2021 and welcomed 219 million visitors into and within the state.
- The industry supported 411,000 Ohio jobs (full time, part time and seasonal).
- These are major increases over 2020 and near 2019's record tourism numbers when Ohio generated $48 billion in sales and 226 million visits, while supporting 429,000 Ohio jobs.
- TourismOhio also reported the return on investment from marketing efforts in 2021. Every $1 invested in the 2021 Ohio. Find It Here. marketing campaign generated $83 in direct visitor spending and $6 in taxes inside the state.
- Seven in 10 travelers recall seeing a TourismOhio ad.
- Those seeing a TourismOhio ad and visiting the state are more likely to view Ohio as a good place to live, earn, learn and invest in a business.
- Download a hi-res economic impact infographic of the 2021 Tourism Economic Impact here.