Updates 10/27/2023: Ohio's Travel Industry and Current Travel Research
DEMAND FOR WELLNESS, FOOD AND CULTURAL IMMERSION FORECASTED TO CONTINUE. ONLINE BOOKING IMPORTANT. GENERATIONS GENERALLY SEEKING SIMILAR TRAVEL EXPERIENCES.
Key findings from Hilton's 2024 Trend Report :
- Regardless of generation, personal wellness is the number one reason people want to travel in 2024. Travelers are looking to rest and recharge on vacation.
- Travelers will also seek out consistent and seamless experiences - 80% of travelers feel it is important to be able to book their trip entirely online. Millennials feel most strongly about being able to book online (86%), but a majority (66%) of Baby Boomers feel the same way.
- Cultural experiences will highly impact travelers leisure decisions - 64% of global travelers say they aim to reduce other areas of personal spending to prioritize travel in 2024.
- Cultural experiences include learning about and immersing oneself in what makes a place special - its food, landscape, heritage, art, music, etc.
- As travelers plan their budget, half say their top focus is on culinary experiences.
- Nearly half of travelers will prioritize exploration and adventure with both Gen Z and Millennials (52%) dedicating a larger budget for this type of experience.
- Approximately 45% of each generation will be looking to build better connections as they are planning to travel to reconnect with friends and family in 2024.
- Business and leisure travel will continue to grow in 2024. 46% of global, full-time and self-employed plan to travel for business, but also incorporate a vacation as well on their trip.
- More than a third of Gen Z and Millennial business travelers said they plan to extend their business trip in 2024.